Outlook gives error 0x800CCC78 when sending email.
Outlook is not correctly configured to authenticate when sending email.
- Open Outlook
- From the Tools menu select Account Settings. The Account Settings box appears.
- Verify that the E-mail tab is selected. Your email account appears, usually labeled mail.yourdomain.com
- Click on the account to highlight it, and click on the Change icon above it. The Internet E-mail Settings appear.
- Click the button More Settings... in the lower right-hand corner. The Internet Email Settings box appears.
- Click on the tab Outgoing Server.
- Click the check box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, and verify that the circle-box Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
- Click OK to close the Internet Email Settings box.
- IMPORTANT: Do NOT use the "Test Account Setting..." button to test the settings. This will fail.
- Click the Finish button to close the Internet E-mail Settings box. Click the Close button to close the Account Settings box. SMTP authentication has now been enabled.
Was this answer helpful?
Here are the directions for for subscribing to the IMAP spambox folder in Thunderbird. 1. In...
Q. What if you get an email marked [SPAM] but it is not spam?Easy! You have two choices.1. Reply...
Open Outlook. Click the Tools menu, and select E-mail Accounts... Click Add a new e-mail...
Some ISPs block port 25 to remote servers. We also run our SMTP server on port. You can set your...
Q: Why do I get the error "You CANNOT create an email forwarder to a forbidden domain"...