Outlook SMTP Error Number: 0x800CCC0B
This error is usually not a server problem, and is caused by one of the following errors.
1. Your email client is misconfigured
2. Your ISP is blocking access to port 25
3. There is a DNS problem with your ISP
4. There is an error with SMTP on one of our servers
Below you will find the most common solutions to fix the above problems:
1. Shutdown and restart your computer.
2. Make sure Outlook is configured for "SMTP: My server requires authentication," and then use the same username and password as POP3 account.
3. Use port 26 for SMTP instead of port 25. Many ISPs are now blocking port 25 to prevent their clients from spamming.
4. Temporarly turn off all virus and/or firewall software.
If all of the above solutions fail, please confirm that the mail server is online and responding you can perform the following:
1. From the Start button click Run
2. Type in telnet yourdomain.com 25
3. If your host blocks port 25 you can also run this telnet test on port 26
You should receive something to the effect of:
220-host.transparnet-tech.com ESMTP Exim 4.52 #1 Day, XX Month Year HH:MM:SS
220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited,
220 and/or bulk e-mail.
Was this answer helpful?
Q: Why do I get the error "You CANNOT create an email forwarder to a forbidden domain"...
IMAP - Netscape Messenger 7.0 * First, open Netscape 7.0, then click on the Window menu and...
Here are the directions for for subscribing to the IMAP spambox folder in Thunderbird. 1. In...
Outlook is not correctly configured to authenticate when sending email.Open OutlookFrom the Tools...