Q. What if you get an email marked [SPAM] but it is not spam?
Easy! You have two choices.
1. Reply to that email and that person will be automatically added to your "white-list", the good guys!
2. You can forward that email to firstname.lastname@example.org and it is now white listed.
Now some VERY important rules and information about SPAM in general!
1. Anyone YOU send email to will never have a message blocked. They are white-listed automatically.
2. NEVER email or reply to a SPAMmer!! -- you validate their address authorizing them to SPAM you.
3. Don't forward SPAM email to ANYONE except as described in #4 below-- it makes the SPAM filter think you like it.
4. DO Report SPAM by forwarding it to assp-SPAM@yourdomainname.com ** You do NOT need to set up a mailbox for assp-SPAM.
5. If you become aware that mail you do want is being blocked, just send an email to that person and they will be white listed and not blocked.
6.If you get an email and it is labeled [ SPAM ], just forward a copy to
assp-notSPAM@yourdomainname.com and that person will be added to your white list. You can also just reply to their and that will whitelist them as well.
Here is an easy way to add a LOT of contacts to your white-list!
Copy and paste your entire approved contact list to an email in the content area and send that email to: email@example.com from any email address IN YOUR DOMAIN. All addresses will be added instantly to the white list.
firstname.lastname@example.org -- for whitelist additions
assp-SPAM@yourdomainname.com -- to report SPAM that got through
assp-notSPAM@yourdomainname.com -- to report email incorrectly labeled as SPAM