How do I setup Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0 / 6.0?
* Click on the Tools menu, then choose Accounts.
* Click the Add button, then choose Mail.
* In the Display Name box, type your full name, then click the Next button.
* In the E-mail address box, type your email address, then click the Next button.
* In the My incoming mail server is box, select IMAP from the drop down list.
* In the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) server box, type mail.yourdomain.com.
* In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server box, type mail.yourdomain.com.
* Click the Next button.
* In the Account name box, type email@example.com.
* In the Password box, type your password. If you want Outlook to remember your password so you won't have to type it each time you check for email, put a check next to Remember password.
* Click the Next button.
* At the final screen, click the Finish button.
* Now double-click on the account that you've just added and click on IMAP tab
* Type INBOX in the Root folder path and check Check for new messages in all folders
* Check Store special folders on IMAP server and type Sent in the Sent Items path box. Then type Drafts in the Drafts path. Click on OK
* You should now see the new account in the list. Click the Close button.
* You will prompted with the following message "Would you like to download folders from mail server you added?". Click on Yes
* Then Show/Hide IMAP folders window will appear, you may want to make Trash folder visible by selecting it and then clicking on Show on the right side, then click OK
* Now, on the left-side of the Outlook Express, you will see mail.yourdomain.com with the following IMAP folders under it: Inbox, Sent, Drafts and Trash(if you made is visible in previous step).
You will also see Local Folders with Inbox, Outbox and other folders, but do not confuse them with IMAP folders, since IMAP folders are stored on the server, and Local Folders are stored on your Drive. All your new mail will be in your IMAP Inbox folder, and sent items will be in IMAP Sent folder on the server.
* When deleting your mail from your IMAP folders, Outlook Express does NOT move it to Trash folder, rather it just marks deleted messages with strikethrough. To delete marked messages click on Edit and then on Purge Deleted Messages.
Outlook Express 5.0 is now setup to check your email!
- 185 Users Found This Useful
How do I access webmail?
Webmail can be accessed at the following url. Replace yourdomain.com with your actual domain...